Friday, May 16, 2014

Play!

I was complaining to the hubby about not being able to find inspiration to write anymore.

Turns out my lack of inspiration was due to a boring workout regimen. I changed it up this week and I am re-invigorated once again :)


On Tuesday I met up with Petra for our weekly circuit. We got our circuit done while the kids played, snacked, and intermittently joined us.

On Wednesday I had zero time so I did a circuit at home. Thursday I ran and went swimming with the kids.




On Friday (today) I met up with Vimala and Cathy at Quarry Lakes for an OWS (open water swim.)


I missed seeing these ladies! It felt great to be out there again, tackling the initial anxiety of being in the open water, the claustrophobic feel of the wet suit, the sensory deprivation of swimming in general (goggles, ear plugs, face in the water), warming up to get my breathing regulated, and finally finding that natural rhythm of breath and movement.


Then I realized that I am most inspired when I am "at play." Working out with my  mama friends is enjoyable and positively affects my mood and general outlook in life. Mostly, I love seeing my miscellaneous worries dissipate.

Here are a few pages from Dr. Sheehan's book, The Essential Sheehan, that expresses this idea of play quite nicely:



And another excerpt that talks about two types of physical energy. One that is magical and playful and another that is mundane and obligatory.


With all that said I hope hope you get out there, connect with others, get moving, and find YOUR PLAY!!

Before long, you will find yourself invigorated and inspired once again.

Happy weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment