Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Barefoot running


I decided to give barefoot running a go today at Karl Nordvik's new cushy field.

 
I felt like an animal and it was a tongue-wagging with a stupid-grin kind of fun. I was transported to the pure innocence and play of the sport and I find myself in love with running once again :-)

I've also made it to the second week of my Ketogenic nutritional plan. My strength has returned and I am ready to hit the ground running.


Today I did a half mile warm up at 9 min/mile and did another half mile worth of 100 yard sprints at 5:30-6/min/mile with 100 yard walk breaks in between. Total time working out from warm up/sprints/breaks/cool down was about 30 minutes.

I don't think I will ever run with shoes again. Happy St. Paddy's Day!





2 comments:

  1. Running without shoes sounds very liberating!
    Good job! Happy St. Patty's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete